JOB PURPOSE: Provides a variety of rehabilitation services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Ensures that services are provided in accordance with the Individual's Person Directed Plan (PDP), Individual Plan of Care (IPC) and implementation plan (IP). including: assisting individuals in acquiring, retaining, and improving self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in the community; providing individuals with age-appropriate activities that enhance self-esteem and maximize functional level; complementing any professional therapies listed in the IPC; reinforcing skills or lessons taught in school, therapy, or other settings; providing training and support activities that promote the individual's integration and participation in the community; providing assistance for an individual who cannot manage personal care needs as required; and providing transportation as necessary for the individual. This position may be required to carry a caseload and to document all services performed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED, six-month experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): N/A
DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to write progress notes according to standards, assessments, letters, various complex reports and miscellaneous other documents with acceptable spelling and grammar.
- Ability to input data into computer, make calculations, complete paperwork, produce reports.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds or more, ability to perform repeated bending, walking, standing, kneeling, pushing, twisting, stooping and simple grasping.
- Must be able to drive on highways, in cities, day and night in inclement weather.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
- May be required to interact with other consumers, referral sources, outside agencies, and family members to determine needs and actions to be taken.
- Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state.
- Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
- Must complete all training requirements in month in which they are due.
- May be required to provide on-call duties.
- Availability of a personal vehicle for business use may be required.
- Work will take place within office setting, community setting and within the homes of individuals
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state
Essential Tasks & Standards
- Provides direct care services to individuals served through the General Revenue, HCS, TxHmL, and IDD-PASRR programs.
- Provides services and/or Training as determined by each individual's person Directed Plan and/or Implementation Plan.
- Contributes to the IDD Unit's accurate and timely submission of encounter data.
- Utilizes approved risk management techniques when necessary.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team Future Planning Meetings for individuals as requested.
- Performs assessments and summarize comparative data into a comprehensive written report.
- Coordinates monitors and maintains documentation in program areas.
- May assist with maintaining staff coverage as required.
- Assists with reinforcement of counseling and therapy activities; assistance with medications and the performance of tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse.
- May provide transportation to facilitate the person's employment opportunities and participation in community activities, between their residence and day habilitation site and transportation to tour potential community home settings.
Work Behaviors & Standards
- Attends work regularly and punctually in order to provide reliable and consistent coverage in area of responsibility. Arrives at designated time and departs according to schedule. Maintains a willingness to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the situation. Makes every attempt to pre-schedule absences and provide dependable coverage and service. Complies with Center policies regarding leave usage, absenteeism, and tardiness.
- Interacts with clients in an emotionally supportive and/or therapeutic manner in order to provide an environment of caring, dignity, and respect.
- Works harmoniously with fellow employees, supervisors, family, and friends of persons served, and the public in order to create an environment of caring, dignity and respect, and that allows for the accomplishment of the Center's mission.
- Utilizes work time effectively to insure that all assignments are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Abides by all Center policies and procedures regarding training objectives and requirements including those that relate to safety and infectious disease control. Will keep all Staff Development mandatory trainings current.
- Adheres to Center policies and procedures and all applicable requirements and regulations of HHSC, CMS, Texas Administrative Code, CARF, relevant contracts and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding consumers, records, personnel, and other sensitive and confidential information in order to comply with Center, state, and federal policy.
- Conducts all aspects of employment in accordance with Center's Compliance Program.