JOB PURPOSE: Provides oversight/supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses and Registered Nurses who provide services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Provides registered nursing services as determined by individual needs to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, mental health diagnosis or related conditions. Assist in the development of the Individual Plan of Care, and provides services and monitors the activities and delivery of services for licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel in accordance with established TXBON standards of the Nursing Practice Act according to licensure, accepted Medical/Nursing Standards and Associated Standards approved by state and local regulatory agencies. Is responsible for the implementation of current service delivery standards to consumers as established in the Policy and Procedures of Spindletop Center. Responsible for providing training regarding tasks that are delegated to licensed and unlicensed persons as well as overseeing this work and ensuring that it is performed correctly. May provide training to other staff, providers, individuals, family members, volunteers and students. Completes documentation relative to work performed.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Current licensure in the state of Texas as a Registered Nurse. Four years' experience in a supervisory position required and four years' experience with Home and Community programs preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): RN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Possess exceptional skills in oral and written communication using a computer and electronic medical record-related software applications, word processing, spreadsheets and specific databases.
- Ability to compose documents according to departmental and state standards.
- Ability to input data into computer, make calculations, complete paperwork, produce reports.
- Computer - skilled in the use of technology with Microsoft Office and all Google applications.
- Skilled in delivering professional customer service and detail oriented work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work to complete in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with community resources.
- Ability to build rapport with individuals and support systems.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
- May be required to interact with other governmental agencies, family members, and general public to determine needs and actions to be taken.
- Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state.
- Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
- Must complete all training requirements in month in which they are due.
- Availability of a personal vehicle for business use may be required.
- Work may take place within office setting, community setting, nursing facilities and within the residences of individuals.
- Travel may be required within the 4 county service area.
- May be required to work hours outside of the M-F 8-5 framework.
- May be required to participate in on-call rotation
- May be required to participate in evacuation plans in the event of emergency and an evacuation of individuals is deemed necessary.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state
- Must be physically able to conduct personal/business visits to include walking on uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, and standing for periods of time if required.