JOB PURPOSE: Provides service coordination for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and pervasive developmental disorder to assist them in gaining access to medical, social, educational, vocational, and other needed services. Has responsibility for overall coordination of the Person Directed Plan and desired outcomes, and has responsibility for monitoring progress toward desired outcomes, service delivery, and satisfaction with services. Assesses needs of assigned individuals, and develops and implements social work interventions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse with extensive experience in a human service field. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; criminal justice, social work; nursing; rehabilitation; counseling; sociology; human development; physician's assistant; gerontology; educational psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education.)
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): BA/BS or RN (with human service field experience).
DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
EEOC CODE: Professional
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
I. Essential Tasks & Standards
1. Provides service coordination to individuals according to applicable state standards.
2. Maintains individual records and completes other documentation in accordance with applicable standards, Unit policy, and Center policy.
3. Establishes relationships and communicates with individuals, caseworkers, LAR's, family members, and other staff.
4. Completes progress notes in reference to service delivery within 48 business hours.
5. Prepares written service plans and treatment update summaries, incorporating input from individuals/guardians, other service providers, and other team members to identify desired outcomes, problem areas and needs, service objectives, and intervention strategies.
6. Attends staff meetings and/or trainings as assigned.
7. Demonstrates a positive regard for individuals and their families (e.g., from a trauma informed perspective provides treatment collaboratively with individuals while respecting them, allowing risk-taking, avoiding stereotypes, respecting individuals' and families' privacy, advocacy, believing that an individual is a valuable member of society).
8. Advocates and helps the individual navigate the system to support access to needed resources.
9. Stays knowledgeable of standards pertaining to services.
10. Will be required to access state data systems.
II. Work Behaviors & Standards
1. Attends work regularly and punctually in order to provide reliable and consistent coverage in area of responsibility. Arrives at designated time and departs according to schedule. Maintains a willingness to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the situation. Makes every attempt to pre-schedule absences and provide dependable coverage and service. Complies with Center policies regarding leave usage, absenteeism, and tardiness.
2. Interacts with individuals in an emotionally supportive and/or therapeutic manner in order to provide an environment of caring, dignity, and respect.
3. Works harmoniously with fellow employees, supervisors, family, and friends of individuals served, and the public in order to create an environment of caring, dignity and respect, and that allows for the accomplishment of the Center's mission.
4. Utilizes work time effectively to insure that all assignments are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
5. Abides by all Center policies and procedures regarding training objectives and requirements including those that relate to safety and infectious disease control. Will keep all Staff Development and HHSC mandatory trainings current.
6. Adheres to Center policies and procedures and all applicable requirements and regulations of HHSC, CMS, Texas Administrative Codes, CARF, relevant contracts and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
7. Maintains confidentiality regarding individuals, records, personnel, and other sensitive and confidential information in order to comply with Center, state, and federal policy.
8. Conducts all aspects of employment in accordance with Center's Compliance Program.